Drawing/Presentation app for the iPad co-developed by Jeremy Kemery and me. Available in the App Store.
Why I wanted this app to exist?
- I wanted an app I could use in class as a whiteboard with the ability to quickly work problems without worrying about creating picture perfect diagrams.
- I wanted an app that I could pre-create an outline of topics and step through them during class with the ability to easily add new material during class
- I wanted to import PDFs containing assignments or exams that I could write the solutions so that we can quickly go over the solutions step by step.
- I wanted to create videos of pre-created "lectures" stepping through examples while recording my voice. reDraw does NOT support recording video in the app but I use AirPlay (with an AirPlay server app on my Mac to show the iPad screen on the Mac and ScreenFlow on the Mac to record and edit them). Someday I would like to add the feature to record/edit videos with reDraw but I don't know how feasible that is given the features I would want it to have.
reDraw is a full-featured note-taking / presentation app. It supports freehand drawing, text entry via a keyboard, pasting images, and importing PDFs that can be marked up using the drawing tools. reDraw was designed for use in a classroom, but is versatile enough to be used as a general purpose drawing or note taking app. A timeline with mark points allows you to step through the text and diagrams you’ve drawn before class, and you can add additional drawings / text based on discussion and questions. You can share your document with other reDraw users or export as PDF.
See the help text that is provide in the app:
Create presentations using traditional text, or create hand written presentations using the built in drawing tools. Create drawings using your finger, a stylus, or the Apple Pencil for added precision (full support for Apple Pencil with palm rejection).
Connect your iPad to a projector or second screen to share your presentations with a Lightning to HDMI adapter or AirPlay Mirroring. While presenting, you can make live changes to your presentation without exiting presentation mode, making a seamless experience for your audience.
The timeline is the backbone of a reDraw presentation. The timeline shows the history for each slide in your document. Set mark points to quickly move to points on the timeline during a presentation.
Organize your reDraw documents in folders within the app.
reDraw includes help within the app to describe how each feature works. Still need help? Send us an email at reDraw.email@example.com for additional support.
- Freehand Drawing
- Straight Lines and Rectangles
- Export to PDF or reDraw Document
- Share with Email, AirDrop, and more
Send us an email at reDraw.firstname.lastname@example.org